Stephen R. Davenport, M.D.
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Yale New Haven Hospital, CT
- Fellowship, Bone & Joint Institute, The Christ Hospital, OH
- Board-Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Member, Yale Orthopedic Association
Dr. Davenport fell in love with orthopedic surgery because it allows him to take care of a wide variety of patients and help them return to the activities that they enjoy. That may involve something as important as going dancing with their spouse to high level sports. His primary role is to help return people to the activities of daily life they enjoy and need to do. This may involve non-operative as well as operative management of their unique problem to provide the best result for them.
Dr. Davenport’s specialty areas in which he is fellowship trained in are hip replacement through various approaches, partial and total knee replacement, revision hip and knee replacement. He is expertly trained and has trained other surgeons in the latest techniques including minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, and processes to allow a speedy recovery and return to normal activities.
When he has free time Dr. Davenport enjoys being outdoors, playing golf, and singing in choir or musical theatre.