Fall Sports have started!
As fall sports ramp up, please remember to hydrate! This is especially important during double days and during work-outs while wearing sports equipment like pads and helmets.
Hydration not only keeps your body healthy but keeps you performing at your peak! You can’t perform at your best if you are dehydrated.
Tips for staying hydrated:
- Hydrate throughout the week (don’t just wait for practice or game time!)
- Drink 4-8 ounces (1 ounce = 2 gulps) of fluid every 15-20 minutes.
- Don’t wait until you are thirsty to hydrate (You are already 2-3% dehydrated if you wait until you are thirsty).
- If exercising for more than 45 minutes, make sure to replenish your needs with a SPORTS DRINK (not an energy drink) that has electrolytes and carbohydrates.
- How to tell if you are hydrated? Your pee should look clear or light yellow….if it’s dark you aren’t drinking enough.
- Weight yourself pre and post work-out. Drink 16 ounces of fluid for every pound of weight you lose during practice.
Have fun and stay hydrated!!