Michael D. Tseng, M.D.
“I always consider using nonoperative methods to restore your health first.”
- Board-Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Golden Key National Honor Society, 2000
- Recipient, 1st Place, Basic Science Award, Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Midwest
- Recipient, Carl L. Nelson, M.D., Physician-in-Training Award, 2009, Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Qualified Medical Evaluator
Dr. Tseng received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Biology from the University of Michigan. He then went on to receive his Doctor of Medicine degree from Cornell University in New York City.
After receiving his medical degree, Dr. Tseng completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, and his spinal surgery fellowship at UC San Francisco.
As a spine surgeon, Dr. Tseng’s treats a comprehensive range of injuries and conditions of the spine, including injuries to the neck and back. He believes in a conservative approach to treatment and always considers using nonoperative methods before recommending surgery. Dr. Tseng is also well-versed in the diagnosis of other orthopedic conditions, including injuries of the ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, and wrist.
When Dr. Tseng is not seeing patients, he stays active through personal fitness, running, and downhill skiing. He also enjoys cooking, traveling, and music.
Patient Education Videos
Below is a collection of animated videos that help patients understand the procedures and techniques utilized by Michael D. Tseng, M.D.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement
- Cervical Laminaplasty
- Cervical Laminectomy
- Cervical Laminectomy and Fusion
- Cervical Posterior Foraminotomy
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Herniated Disc (Cervical)
- Intraoperative Monitoring of the Nerves
- Anatomy of the Spine
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Lumbar Disc Microsurgery
- Lumbar Radiculopathy (Sciatica)
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
- TLIF: Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Total Disc Replacement
- XLIF® Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion