Eric S. Stuffmann, M.D.
"My goal with each individual I treat is to provide surgical and nonsurgical care based on the best scientific evidence available and to educate my patients so they are enabled to share in my decision making. I take pride in my conservative approach."
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, CA
- Fellowship, Hand and Upper Extremity, Allegheny General Hospital, PA
- Board-Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Board-Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand
- Fellowship, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member, American Association for Hand Surgery
Dr. Stuffmann received his medical degree from the University of California at Irvine where he graduated with honors as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. Following medical school, he entered residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Stanford University Medical Center, where he first developed an interest in Surgery of the Hand, Shoulder and Elbow. Dr. Stuffmann went on to complete a fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity at the Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 2009. Here he received training in the management of upper extremity conditions ranging from microvascular problems of the hand to shoulder reconstruction and management of rotator cuff pathology including irreparable tears.
Dr. Stuffmann's special interests include anatomic and reverse shoulder arthroplasty, management of irreparable rotator cuff tears, arthroscopic management of the shoulder, elbow, and wrist conditions in the athlete and general population. He also treats common conditions of the hand and upper extremity, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and general fracture care.
Outside of work, Dr. Stuffmann enjoys kite boarding, sailing, mountain biking, and fly fishing.
- Wide Awake Hand Surgery - "WALANT"
- Preparing for Your Surgery
- Preparing for Your WALANT Surgery
- Postoperative Instructions for Handand Upper Extremity Surgery
- Postoperative Instructions for Shoulder Surgery
- Postoperative Instructions for WALANT Surgery