Brian Costello, MS, PA-C
Physician Assistant to: Thomas W. Peatman, M.D.
“What I enjoy most about Orthopedics is it allows me to utilize my training and experience to help our patients to resume more active and healthy lifestyles.”
- Board-Certified, National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Bachelor of Science Physical Education, Athletic Training, California State University, Hayward
- Masters of Science Sports medicine, California State University, Hayward
- Physician Assistant Certificate, University of California, Davis
- NATA Certified Athletic Trainer
An area of interest for me is sports medicine as I can use my experience in professional baseball to better care for our patients. As a Physician Assistant I work directly with Dr. Peatman to assist him with his clinic and surgical practice.
Specifically I assist with total joint replacement, shoulder, hip and knee arthroscopy and sports medicine surgeries.
In clinic my work entails taking medical histories , diagnosing patients, performing pre operative and post operative exams, administering injections, ordering and interpreting imaging studies and ordering medications.
When I'm not seeing patients I hiking, camping, traveling, reading and spending time with my family.