Procedure Scheduler ~ Spine
Webster Orthopedics is seeking a full-time surgery scheduler to assist an interventional spine care and pain management doctor. This position will be based in our San Ramon clinic but will travel to our Dublin and Oakland locations on a weekly basis.
This position will work directly with our physician and his patients to schedule 30 or more non-surgical procedures per week in an outpatient setting.
Job duties include:
• Coordinating scheduling with surgery centers
• Conducts face to face scheduling with surgical candidates in clinic.
• Educates patients on surgical procedures and post op needs.
• Obtains insurance verifications/authorizations for surgical procedures and post op therapy/DME
• Data entry
• Medical records requests
• Ensures all testing and operative reports are in the chart prior to appointments
• Handles billing /communications with billing dept. for all surgical cases
• Works closely with MD/PA to ensure all pre-surgical testing, clearances, durable medical equipment and post op medications and surgical films are prepared prior to surgery.
• Assists clinical patient care coordinator as necessary
Must display outstanding customer service and patient care skills. This position involves primarily desk work with heavy phones and computer/EMR. The ideal candidate must be a team player and willing to learn and grow in a fast paced environment. MUST have exceptional organization skills and the ability to take direction and execute quick results. Must be self-motivated and able handle multiple interruptions and multi-task.
Must have one at least year of experience in surgery scheduling. Strong Administrative Assistant/Secretarial experience welcome.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume & cover letter to HR@websterorthopedics.com and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.