Physical Therapy Aide ~ Oakland
Webster Orthopedics is looking for a Physical Therapy Aide for our wellness center in Berkeley. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week Monday-Friday.
This position is responsible for assisting the physical therapists in the treatment of patients with a variety of orthopedics injuries, and maintaining the corresponding documentation and medical records.
Previous exercise instruction experience and familiarity with the standard concepts, practices and procedures of physical therapy is required. Certified personal trainer a plus. Must be able to lift 25 pounds. The ideal candidate must be a team player and willing to learn and grow in a fast paced clinic setting. This position requires exceptional customer service skills and the ability to communicate with therapists, staff and patients.
Responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
• Instructing or supervising stretches and exercises (per request of therapist).
• Delivering physical agent modalities (PAMS) as instructed by the therapist.
• Welcoming patients, setting up equipment for treatment and taking patients off of equipment.
• Maintaining a clean, well-organized clinic: sanitizing tables, organizing supplies, maintaining laundry, putting equipment away.
• Assembling patient charts and prepping forms for documentation.
• Use of the computer to schedule appointments and reference charts.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume & cover letter to HR@websterorthopedics.com and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.