Medical Receptionist ~ Oakland Urgent Care
Webster Orthopedics is seeking a Medical Receptionist for our new Orthopedic Urgent Care Center opening in August 2017. We require a person who specializes in delivering exceptional patient care! This is a full time position. Early evening hours (until 8 PM on weeknights) and Saturday morning hours will be required.
This position will assist patients with check-in, scheduling and payment. Successful candidates must have prior medical office experience with a desire to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment. This position requires a firm knowledge of insurance and obtaining authorizations, excellent organization and follow-up skills and a detail oriented mindset with the ability to audit superbills. The ideal candidate will also possess excellent customer service skills, an ability to greet each patient in a warm and friendly manner, accurate data entry capture, co-pay collection, professional phone triage skills and problem resolution skills.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Greeting and registering patients
• Accurately processing patient registration and insurance information, including data entry into EMR.
• Working well under pressure and executing duties in a fast paced and high patient volume environment
• Upfront collection of co-payments, deductibles and existing balances.
• Deciphering complex insurances and obtain on-line authorizations and verifications (Navi-Net, Availity, Affinity, Hills, and Tri-care.)
• Firm understanding of workman’s comp benefits and ability to respond to adjuster and nurse case manager requests regarding work status and follow up appointments
• Answer and screen incoming phone calls, take and give messages in a timely manner.
• Schedule all follow-up appointments at patient check-out, when patients call in and as requested
• Assist patients in understanding how to complete forms, verify accuracy of patient form completion and distribute forms as required.
• Review patient schedules and conduct chart preparation for the next day
• Handle patient complaints and other sensitive matters
"We" at Webster Would Love to Have You Join Our Team!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume & cover letter to HR@websterorthopedics.com and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.