Medical Assistant ~ Foot and Ankle
Webster Orthopedics is seeking a full-time, Medical Assistant to assist a busy foot and ankle surgeon. This position will be based in our Oakland office, but will also travel to our Dublin and San Ramon offices as needed. Prior experience in wound care and/or podiatry will be given preference.
We are seeking an experienced Medical Assistant with at least 1+ years in a high-volume clinic. This position requires a current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification, i.e. CCMA or CMA. Ortho Tech certification (or a willingness to become certified) is also a plus.
This position is responsible for assisting with the daily functions of the clinic(s). Prior experience in wound care and/or podiatry Must display a high level of customer service and patient care. Under the direction of the physician, assists in the delivery of health care for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities including, but not limited to, rooming and prepping patients, maintenance of clinical records/documentation, drawing up injections, taking vital signs, inventory/stocking of exam rooms and castroom.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a team player, willing to learn and grow in a fast paced clinic setting.
This position will be responsible for multiple aspects of the Patient Care Coordinator role including but not limited to:
• Facilitating basic clinic flow
• Receiving and triaging patient, hospital, PCP and SNIF calls
• Providing post op maintenance per physician instruction, i.e. Suture, dressing and cast removal
• Review medical charts daily for current reports, testing results and other critical patient data.
• Insurance registration
• Obtaining prior authorization for outside testing
• Completion of disability forms
• Processing pharmacy callbacks according to strict physician protocols
• Cleaning exam rooms and work stations
• Autoclaving instruments
• Charting patient history of illness or injury and documenting meaningful use measures in Centricity EHR
"We" at Webster Would Love to Have You Join Our Team!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume & cover letter to HR@websterorthopedics.com and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.